I had tea and a cherry tart in my room then headed to the British Library. It’s pretty heady to stand in the same room as original manuscripts by Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, and Oscar Wilde, not to mention scores by Handel, Bach, The Beatles, and drawings by Leonardo Da Vinci. Oh, and the Magna Carta too. The Beowulf manuscript was there this ti
My next birthday stop was the London Eye, and the weather behaved. What a view! It’s amazing to be that far up, you can see everything, it’s beautiful.
I went to the Hard Rock CafĂ© for lunch and sat next to the gold record of Yellow Submarine and across from a green sequined jacket of Mick Jagger’s. Yummy food, and a great hot fudge sundae.
Then I came back to my room and got spoiled by e-cards and bouquets of flowers.
I went to a candlelight concert at St. Martin in the Fields tonight. It was wonderful. They played Vivaldi’s Four Seasons and Pachelbel’s Canon, two of my absolute favorites, along with Handel and JS Bach. It was a glorious end to a glorious day. It was a birthday to remember! Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment