After the zoo
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
I spe
nt this morning at the zoo. It was a little drizzly, and a few of the animals refused to come out, but it wasn’t crowded at all, and the animals I did see were great. My favorites, as usual, were the primates and t
he birds. There is a big walk-in aviary that’s really fun, and the rainforest at night exhibit was great. I found out why the Eastern White Pelicans turn peachy-pink this time of year (change i
n diet) but not why there are some wild ones in the park.
One of the peacocks put on a show for me, maybe because my coat was the same color as him. Did I look like the largest peacock he’d ever seen?
After the zoo
I checked out Camden Town, and then went down to Piccadilly, where I went to a little outdoor antiques marke
t in front of a church. Then I hunted for a couple of museums that are in my book but not on the map I had with me. No luck. Tomorrow I will take my big map. Cheers.
After the zoo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment