Saturday, February 21, 2009

I went to Portobello Market this morning. It was unbelievably crowded. It must have been the beautiful weather. Cars could barely get down the streets there were so many people. I don’t remember it being that busy before. I got myself an early birthday present, a silver teapot. Slightly wonky, but a great deal.
This afternoon was so warm and sunny I left my coat in my room. I collected my London Pass from Regent Street and went down to Parliament Square which was almost as crowded as Portobello. I took a river cruise past the tower bridge down to Greenwhich and saw the spot where time begins.
Then on the way home the bus broke down and stranded us in what I’m pretty sure was the dodgy end of Wandsworth. But I knew my hotel was in the west end, so I kept heading toward the sunset, and I made it back. I only have one giant blister, which isn’t bad. Tomorrow I start on the museums, and hope the rain holds off. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment