Monday, February 23, 2009

This morning I went to Trafalgar square and saw St. Martin in the Fields, the Freed Store and the Green Man and French Horn (my Mom’s favorite London Pub). I went to the National Portrait Gallery and saw many of the paintings that I studied in my costume history courses in college. They have a new (to them) painting of Lady Jane Grey, my favorite British monarch when I was younger. Honestly, you could spend weeks in that place, there is so much to see, and the detail on some of those paintings is amazing.
Next I headed to Covent Garden, where I bought some antique sugar tongs in the open air market. Then I went across the river and saw the National Theatre and toured Shakespeare’s Globe, a replica of the original. It was fascinating. Next time I’m in London during the summer I want to go to a show there. The weather is still holding. It’s chilly, but it hasn’t rained yet. I’m feeling pretty lucky. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment