Well, I made it. It wasn't easy, but then air travel never is. I have a peculiar knack for booking myself on flights that get delayed, cancelled, or have to make emergency landings. Today it looked like I would never make it out of Eugene, but I switched to an earlier flight (which actually left later then I was originally scheduled) and I made my connection in San Fransisco. The next flight went smoothly, just under ten hours, and I had an aisle seat with no one next to me. Bliss.
When I was waiting foor my shuttle in Heathrow I saw someone carrying a Made in Oregon bag and got absurdly happy. I miss everybody already.
My hotel is great. I'm on the fifth floor, in a nice room with a king bed and the windows overlook Hyde Park. The bus stop is just opposite.
I went to Tesco's and got some cheese and crackers and fruit and juice so I can have breakfasts in my room if I want (there's a mini-bar fridge and tea-making facilities). I just found an old Poirot on TV, so I'll probably fall asleep in front of that. Exhausting day. Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment