Friday, February 20, 2009



Today I took a walk down to Notting Hill. I found a great little bakery which makes a delicious pear vanilla tart. It was hard to decide between that and the minty apple pie. Maybe I’ll have that next time. I found a bookshop and got Wendy Holden’s latest novel (it isn’t out yet in the US) so I’ll have something to read on the plane home.
The sun came out this afternoon, so after lunch I went back to Hyde Park. There were lots of well-behaved dogs scampering around, and people feeding the birds at the Round Pond. I’ve never been fond of geese (after being chased by them at an early age) but the swans were pretty frightening. Standing straight they came almost to my shoulder, and they weren’t a bit afraid of people. They really gave me the willies, I know that mixing ba
llets but it’s true.
I walked over to the big memorial in front of Albert Hall (beautiful in the sunlight) and on the way back I saw parrots! Bright green parrots with forked tails. First a group of three then later five at once.
I tried to look them up online, but I just kept getting stuff about parrots in Chicago. Anyway, they certainly were exotic.
I’m almost over my jet-jag. One more early night and I should be set. Tomorrow I pick up my London Pass and start to see the sights. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment