Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It’s been really cold in London. The rain is still holding off, and today is the first day I wish I hadn’t left my gloves in my room. I went to the Tower of London this morning. Lots of beautiful towers and the crown jewels are amazing, but the whole place just has an eerie feel to it. The ravens are very cool, I even bought myself a stuffed one for my birthday. The best bit was catching one of the beefeaters yawning. He couldn't raise his hand to cover it, he just opened his mouth and grimaced.
Next I visited St. Paul’s, but it was closed to sightseeing today because it’s Ash Wednesday, so I didn’t get to climb to the roof to see the view.
This afternoon I found the Handel House Museum, one of those pesky hard to locate ones. It was very interesting to see where Handel lived and composed, and there was a musical rehearsal going on that I got to listen to for awhile. A harpsichord, a cello and a singer. It was very loud inside the room, but as soon as you shut the door behind you, you could barely hear it. That says something about the walls they built in the 1720s. I can’t believe I’ve only been here a week. I’ve seen so much, it’s been an amazing trip so far. Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. Fiona, your blog is great!
    You are an intrepid traveler
    from the bogs of Cheshire.

    ReplyDelete