Today was my last day in London, and I used my umbrella for the first time. It was drizzly this morning, but by the afternoon it was just really windy. I went to the Natural History Museum and looked at their wonderful gemstone collection, and an exhibit of birds from all over the world. Fascinating to see them all together, they even have a replica of a Dodo. Then I wandered along Oxford Street and bought some last-minute souvenirs. This afternoon I took a final walk through Hyde Park. The daffodils have started to bloom. I followed the Serpentine to the statue of Peter Pan, and I saw some amazing ducks. My favorite was the Mandarin Duck. It was absolutely gorgeous. Then I came back and packed. It wasn’t easy to fit everything in. I’m afraid one of my suitcases might pop on the way home. It’s sad to be saying goodbye to London. I feel like I’ve really gotten to know it in the past two weeks. I will certainly never forget my 30th birthday. But I’m excited about going home too. I miss everyone, even Stella and Bram. I hope everybody has enjoyed reading this blog as much as I’ve enjoyed writing it. I’ll see you all soon. Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment